Careers and Job Opportunities
The St Thomas Sailing Center is regularly seeking sailing instructors and boat maintenance staff and others to help keep this wonderful thing going. Sailors from the St Thomas Yacht Club have competed in the Olympics, America’s Cup, and a wide array of prestigious sailing events around the world. We offer competative pay and the opportunity to sail, learn, and work with others who are passionate about the sport in one of the most beautiful places to practice it. In addition to the long term positions listed here we may have openings for seasonal work and can help make arrangements for workers who want to spend their off season enjoying the beautiful weather and consistent tradewinds of the Carribean.
Sailing Center Office Manager
We are looking for an experienced and motivated team player to manage the office and help the Sailing Center continue to grow.
- Market and promote our Sailing Courses and Boat Access programs along with Yacht Club membership.
- Market and promote sailing related events geared to locals and visitors, including but not limited to: open houses, racing clinics, meetups, adventure sails and corporate events. Assist in running sailing and social events.
- Run the office: sign up and schedule students and boat use, assign instructors to courses, track access members’ boat use, collect and track payments, etc.
- Handle customer communications, take charge of regular social media postings and campaigns.
The right candidate will:
- Have business and marketing experience
- Enjoy event planning
- Have experience with MS Office software and social media platforms
- Have experience with or be willing to learn how to use Customer Relationship Management programs
- Be able to write creative narratives
- Be efficient at administration
- Enjoy sailing
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org